Saturday, January 22, 2011

Not much worth seeing

Haven't blog for almost a year but then there has almost not been a movie worth blogging about. Of the movies I have seen since last May, I have to say the best has to be Winter's Bone. A disturbing but beautifully filmed, directed and brilliantly acted movie. The King's Speech was also very good. I was one of the few that didn't like Social Network but maybe because I still don't get Facebook. I am on it, just don't get it. I also liked the Tourist. But I love Johnny Depp. I don't always like his weird movies but I like him. I liked True Grit but probably because of the young actor who did such a terrific job. I am glad I saw the Black Swan but it was too dark for my liking.

I miss romantic comedies that actually had some life to them. Some of my favorites are Pretty Woman, While You Were Sleeping, When Harry met Sally and of course Groundhog's Day. I went to see No Strings Attached tonight and it just did nothing for me. Romantic movies used to make me laugh and cry.

I miss the truly great pictures like The English Patient, Shindler's List and A Beautiful Mind. And I really miss the kind of movies that you watch everytime they come on like Pretty Woman, Shawshank Redemption, and My Cousin Vinny. I miss not having new movies that I can add to my one-line quotes like, "It's easier to believe the bad stuff," or "do you think the deer would care what you were wearing?" or "Get busy living or get busy dying." I was truly hoping that maybe there would be some great movies for the Academy Awards this year, but if there are, I haven't found them.---Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment